My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mystrength413.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

MS Walk - Fort Worth

Today, Saturday, March 31 I had the chance to go to the MS Walk in Fort Worth with Casey at my side. I was really excited to be participating in another meeting about Gilenya, as well as witness thousands of people walking to raise money for MS. I was a little disappointed that we only had 3 people show up to the first talk, but those 3 were some of my favorite from all the talks I've done so far. After I told my story, one lady stood up and gave me a hug. That gesture meant even more to me knowing how hard it was for her to get up out of her chair and take a few steps without the help of her walker.

During the second talk I was a little worn out and I wish I would have done better communicating my story. However, afterward I was again able to talk to a few of the attendees. Hopefully, I was able to inspire them to talk to their doctor about switching therapies since they were struggling just like I was with my injections. Gilenya has certainly worked so well for me and I want it to do the same for others. As the data shows from the clinical trials, Gilenya has shown better results compared to Avonex and placebo. I know that this person, and others, who "accidentally" miss taking their shots and struggle with them so much. During those missed days of treatment my MS was still active and I ultimately suffered the consequences. Now, being On Gilenya, I don't have to worry about "shot day"! (Mia-if you are reading this I pray that you had the strength to do your shot tonight and hope that the side effects aren't so bad this time.)

My third talk down! San Antonio here I (and Casey and the kids) come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment